Ripe red fruits, smoke and chocolate all show on the forward and intense nose. The palate has elegant tannins and subtle acidity that all underpin the brambly fruit, sweet smoke and hint of meatiness.
Vinification Process: The wine is aged for 6 months in American oak barriques
The smoky elements of this wine will work beautifully with the natural flavours of barbecue (especially wood fired) whilst the deep fruit and secondary characters will compliment red meat very well. This wine is perfect with grilled meats, particularly beef but also good with pork or lamb chops and grilled / roasted vegetables:
- Grilled beef
- Pork Chops
- Lamb Chops
- Chimi Churry Sauce (try making an authentic Argentinian one)
- Roasted / grilled mushrooms or aubergines
- Mushrooms filled with Dolcelatte or Stilton cheese
- Ratatouille goes really well with the steaks.
- 2016 – 5 stars Harpers Wine Stars
- 2015 – 4 stars Harpers Wine Stars